Discover’s banking business includes Discover-card branded credit cards, private student loans, personal loans, home loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts.
Discover’s two banking affiliates, Discover Bank and Bank of New Castle, are chartered and regulated by the Office of Delaware State Bank Commissioner and the FDIC, which insures their deposits and serves as their federal banking regulator.
How much are the rates?
- Personal loans APR – 6.99% to 18.99%
- Student loans APR: variable rates 2.99% – 9.12% APR / fixed rates 6.15% – 11.99%
- Home equity loans APR – 4.99% – 11.49%
How to apply for a loan?
You can apply for a personal loan on Discover.com by providing the amount you need, the purpose, and your credit score. Then, fill out a secure application and get a decision in minutes. Review your rate and monthly payment. Accept your loan and receive the funds the next business day.
Most recurring positive comments
- Helpful and professional customer service
- Loan approval takes just minutes
- Loan has no prepayment penalty
Most recurring negative comments
- Personal loan is difficult to obtain and requires good credit
- High rates on student loans
- Personal loans – up to $25,000
- Student loans – Up to 100% of school-certified college costs are covered
- Personal loans – 36 to 84 months
Fees and charges
- For student loans, there are no loan application fees, no origination fees and no late fees
- For personal loans, there are no origination fees or closing costs
- Personal loans – 1-866-248-1255
- Student loans – 1-800-STUDENT
Email: [email protected]
Office address: 2500 Lake Cook Rd, Riverwoods, IL 60015, United States